Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Beware the "blog blaster' scam!

Business on the net is dynamic. New sites, programs, software, and etc come along hourly. This is exciting. But, remember: every new thing that comes along announcing that it is “THE NEXT BIG THING” ain’t always so.

Case in point: new site suddenly appears announcing that it has produced a “blog blaster.’ They throw up a lot of great looking statistics on blogs, how rapidly they are growing, how many of them there now are and make claims (all unfounded and unsubstantiated of course) and imply that you will be reaching all these blogs with their blaster. That you will be “unleashing” a marketing powerhouse by blasting your ads to all these blogs just ripe and waiting for your submission. They talk about RSS feeders and etc. They present information in such a way that the casual reader, especially one who does not own a blog, can be very much taken away by the information and rush to be a part of “THE NEXT BIG THING”. For a cost of $50 bucks or so of course.

The entire site, the case presented, the claims are one big ol fat lie. You need to be a blog owner to understand this. You see, while the statistics the site throws up are correct - there is a huge explosion of blogs on the net in the past year or so - that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR CLAIMS OF A BLOG BLASTER! Nothing. Blogs, while the blog script is obtained from somewhere, the actual blog itself is individually owned and completely individually controlled. Every 10 million of them and counting.

Blogs do have access to an RSS feeder. Blogs and their articles can go out into the RSS feeder if that blog owner so desires. NOTHING flows back. If you want to post on an individual blog, that blogger must invite you individually. I don’t care if it is an article, an ad or a single link. You want it on a blog, that owner has to allow it. Simple. Period. No if ands or buts, and no “blaster”.
I find it fascinating that this new “blaster” is only targeting consumers. Not one post, not one news release, not one Press Release has been made on this blaster. Most telling is that I, as the owner of several blogs, have not heard one peep regarding any kind of blaster that would post ads to my blogs, or permission to even do so.

Suddenly, it appears on my traffic site at http://www.xtreamsurf.com/ . Suddenly, I have partner members sending me frantic emails on how this “spells the end of blogs as we know them” but asking that I get “onboard”.

Hogwash. The whole thing is hoyie, smoke and mirrors. And not even all that clever either. You have 10 million plus bloggers who will tell you: “no way, Jose” to a blaster. If I need another safe list I’ll go join one, or start one of my own: I already have four. My blogs, I don’t think so.
Bottomline: run away, do not even sign up for on the “free” thingee. Certainly DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY HERE! (If you did, ask for an immediate refund
-Cherie Halliday

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry ... you're wrong. I bought it ... used it, and in 8 days my inbound links jumped from 3,462 to 5,612 and still climbing ... best $50.00 I ever spent!