Monday, April 04, 2005

Your online business, Part 4

There is one thing you can absolutely, with out question, count on when it comes to online busness: If a scam and/or scammer was successful once, THEY WILL BE BACK. Most sites which practice and deceptive or out and out fraudulent businesses do so over and over again because of the very nature of the Net: it is big.

However, a little investigation prior to signing up for a company or site can yeild good results and sometimes prevent a lot of grief (and lighter pockets.) One thing you can do is run what is called a whois. A whois is a look up service that takes the domain you are considering and comes back with information like who owns the site, admin email address, physical addresses, telephone numbers and other business informatiion. I use this service a lot: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/index.jhtml

One of my favorite scammers who just keeps coming back again and again with basically the same programs over and over again operates out of Queensland Australia. He runs the same basic scam over and over again, using the same type programs and even the same wording on every program he starts and then closes. I first joined one of his traffic sites back in Jan. 2004. He also offered an "investment" program that ran along side his traffic site. I never upgraded or invested in the paid programs, but watched them both with interest as I surfed the site to market my own sites.

About 3 months after joining, it simply disappeared. Gone, left the building, no where in sight. Then, later late spring, early summer, I started seeing email ads for the programs. The owner claims to have been hit by hackers, then massive host/server issues in which he lost his database and etc. But, he wasn't going to let that "get him down." I was cool with that. So, I rejoined and invested in his paid program as well. Then I promoted his site - a lot.

When he started back up, it was with the claim that he would be the #1 paid to surf site on the planet. That no other paid to surf site would compare to what he would be paying and etc. And, he set a date for that paid to surf to begin. I promoted his site - a lot. Date for paid to surf came and went. Wrote him. No response. Couple weeks later, lots of promises on paid to, still nothing. I wrote him again. No response.

Now, all this time I had been promoting his site based on the paid to surf motif. So, I am starting to look like a scammer here. I finally got the owner to answer my emails and an "frank" series of emails entailed. He deleted my account and my very large downline. He did refund my investment, so I was not out that. Paid to surf never materialized. Then, towards the end of the year 2004, his site went down AGAIN! Same story, same mysterious hacker, same host/server issues, same loss of database. Good bye everyones money who had upgraded at his account and invested in his other programs. Then, he disappeared again.

Only to resurface recently with yet another traffic site! And, as before, although calling this one something different, he uses THE EXACT SAME PHRASES AND CLAIMS AS BEFORE. Upon seeing the site, I ran a quick whois, and sure enough, there he was and guess what? His site WENT DOWN AGAIN!!! Same story, same reason as all the times before.

You really have to wonder about some one who runs a business that is constantly being run out of business for the same reasons. Usually one learns and takes precautions. Lol.

His site is back up and, again, making the same promises of guarantees, best paid to anywhere and of course this: This exchange is not running in the paid to surf mode just yet. The exchange is open to free members at the present time, so enjoy the benefits.

Since this time, I have my own traffic sites and have gone through hackers, host/server issues and etc. Stuff happens, you get through it, you take precautions, get on with the business at hand. Usually, if it involves money, you have database backups and etc. Back ups are highly restorable. Except when you don't want them to be.

So, when you are looking to get involved in a site as an affiliate or as a business, a little investigation and a whole lot of questioning are in order. Even if we are not talking about a lot of money, we are talking about your time and effort! Not to mention that if you are going to be involved in something, you want it to be a good reputable site, not something that engages in "shady" business practices.

- Cherie Halliday
http://www.xtreamsurf.com

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger, this is an exciting blog here!

You may like to checkout online home business site/blog.

Business Online Tips at online home business stuff.

10 Power-Packed Ways To Spark Your Sales

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger, this is an exciting blog here!

You may like to checkout online mlm business site/blog.

Business Online Tips at online mlm business stuff.

10 Amplifying Ways To Turn Up Your Sales Volume

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your online business, Part 4 was interesting. Someone told me about autosurf click program blogs and I have been out there looking all nite. I'm glad I got the chance to check it out. I will be back. Well on with my autosurf click program search. Have a nice day :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,
I always like an interesting blog. Your online business, Part 4 caught my attention even if I was looking for blogs. Kind of gets my thoughts moving coming from a different angle about . Hope to check back every now and then. Have a nice day :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your online business, Part 4 was interesting. Someone told me about blogs and I have been out there looking all nite. I'm glad I got the chance to check it out. I will be back. Well on with my search. Have a nice day :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,
Your online business, Part 4 was a good read. I've been searching for best autosurf blogs and came across yours. Even though it was not exact I am always open to new ideas about best autosurf in any way I can think of. Have a great day :-)

Anonymous said...

Good evening Blogger, I find it very refreshing to occasionally find a post such as yours with a related topic such as Your online business, Part 4. It somehow ads to ones list of lifes experiences.

I have a soft spot for blogs related to and /or sites that have a central theme around type items.

Once again, thank you Blogger, keep up the unusual posts. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your online business, Part 4 was interesting. Someone told me about autosurf site blogs and I have been out there looking all nite. I'm glad I got the chance to check it out. I will be back. Well on with my autosurf site search. Have a nice day :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,
Your online business, Part 4 was a good read. I've been searching for autosurf monitor blogs and came across yours. Even though it was not exact I am always open to new ideas about autosurf monitor in any way I can think of. Have a great day :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Blogger,
I've been out searching for autosurf traffic blogs for hours and it was nice to have found yours. Just thought I would check out the post Your online business, Part 4 and come up with ideas for autosurf traffic. Have a nice day :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger.

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post Your online business, Part 4.
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on Powerseller Package. I found some good stuuf on Powerseller Package but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

Hey Blogger, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a start online business site/blog.

Business Online Tips at start online business.

10 Killer Ways To Sell Your Back-End Products

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your online business, Part 4 was interesting. Someone told me about autosurf exchange traffic blogs and I have been out there looking all nite. I'm glad I got the chance to check it out. I will be back. Well on with my autosurf exchange traffic search. Have a nice day :-)

Anonymous said...

Blogger
Great post. I found your post a good read. You may be interested in Powerseller Package.

Any recommendations for the best infromation about Powerseller Package? Nice one.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your online business, Part 4 was interesting. Someone told me about get paid online surf blogs and I have been out there looking all nite. I'm glad I got the chance to check it out. I will be back. Well on with my get paid online surf search. Have a nice day :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " Your online business, Part 4 ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on Online Business. I found some good stuuf on Online Business but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,
I always like an interesting blog. Your online business, Part 4 caught my attention even if I was looking for autosurf site blogs. Kind of gets my thoughts moving coming from a different angle about autosurf site. Hope to check back every now and then. Have a nice day :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " Your online business, Part 4 ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on Ultimate Ebooks. I found some good stuuf on Ultimate Ebooks but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,
Looking for best autosurf blogs when I came across yours. Glad I did get a chance to read it. Your online business, Part 4 got me to thinking and came up with a new idea about best autosurf. Again I'm glad to have stiopped by. Have a great day :-)

Anonymous said...

Dropped by on my way around the net trying to find Blogs with a business connection. While we're doing that, just want to alert others to 2 local groups,
Step13, which is an organization that helps those with drug and alcohol dependency problems. They do great work and are worth checking out.
Rainbow Rewards is a community
based shopping rewards system, local also.
We've also started a new site where we help those with an interest in building their best business software solutions. Please stop by and let us know what you think.

Anonymous said...

I'm new at the Internet as a business tool and I'm trying to find Blogs with an interest in business. While we're out checking for Blogs of interest, we're also trying to alert folks to two great organizations that are worthy of your attention.
Step13 is an organization that helps those with drug and alcohol dependency problems. It's local but has potential as a model for other places. Rainbow Rewards is a community based shopping rewards system, local also.
We've also just launched a site that helps people who are interested in improving their best work from home business opportunities. Give us a visit and let us know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " Your online business, Part 4 ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on Powerseller Package. I found some good stuuf on Powerseller Package but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " Your online business, Part 4 ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on Second Income. I found some good stuuf on Second Income but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

Blogger,
Great post. I found your post a good read. You may be interested in Powerseller Package.

Any recommendations for the best infromation about Powerseller Package? Nice one.

Anonymous said...

As we reflect on the world as we know it, it serves us well to ponder the

words of wisdom of great minds. "I have never let my schooling interfere with

my education. " Mark Twain (1835-1910). Interested in new worlds? Two

organizations that are trying to help others meet the challenges of today are

Step13, an organization that helps

those with drug and alcohol dependency problems and
Rainbow Rewards, a community

based shopping rewards system. On the lighter side, don't miss
In Vino, Veritas, fun musings about

wine and food or Old worn

out saddles
, the life and times of a Montana cowboy from the early

1900's. Amazing people, our ancestors. On the business side, we've

started a new site where we help those with an interest in building your
most unique work from home businesses. Please stop by

and let us know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " Your online business, Part 4 ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on Money Making Website. I found some good stuff on Money Making Website but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

As we approach the new year and New Years resolutions, some modern
wisdom strikes home in the words of Yoda. "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'. "
Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back'). Whatever your personal feelings about the conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq, the troops serving there are our flesh and blood and our friends and neighbors. They deserve our reassurance that we ALL support those who are placing their lives at risk, whatever the politics of the time and place. To that end there are two excellent programs that let us "Do" for our absent fellow citizens. Either of these sites are great for a "good deed". Operation Uplink is a unique program that keeps military personnel and hospitalized veterans in touch with their families and loved ones by providing them with a free phone card. You can also go to
USO Care Packages and send someone in the armed services some seasonal cheer. On the lighter side, don't miss
In Vino, Veritas, , fun musings about
wine and food or Old worn
out saddles
, the life and times of a Montana cowboy from the early
1900's. Amazing people, our ancestors. For your business advancement, we've
started a site that helps people who are interested in improving their
cash rebate credit card business. Please stop by and let us know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " Your online business, Part 4 ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on Second Income. I found some good stuff on Second Income but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, very interesting post.

I'm not too familiar with blogs, but I found your post " Your online business, Part 4 " a good read. I was actually looking for information on Powerseller Package and found your post. Any recommendations for the best infromation about Powerseller Package?

Nice one.

Anonymous said...

Hello there, Blogger, I thought your Your online business, Part 4 blog was great with good comments. Awesome. Nice Blog. profit masters teaml .

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, very interesting post.

I'm not too familiar with blogs, but I found your post " Your online business, Part 4 " a good read. I was actually looking for information on Second Income and found your post. Any recommendations for the best infromation about Second Income?

Nice one.

Anonymous said...

Hey Blogger,
I've been out searching for autosurf program blogs for hours and it was nice to have found yours. Just thought I would check out the post Your online business, Part 4 and come up with ideas for autosurf program. Have a nice day :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

I was busy looking for information on Second Income and I came across your post " Your online business, Part 4 ". Very interesting. If possible, have you got any ideas of where to find the best resources on Second Income.

Regards

Anonymous said...

In this season of thanksgiving and celebration it is well to remember the words of Emily Dickinson (10 December 1830 - 15 May 1886) American poet, "It's better to light one candle than to curse the darkness." Candles worhty of lighting include
Rainbow Rewards, a community based shopping rewards system and Step13, an organization that helps those with drug and alcohol dependency problems.
For your entertainment and edification, try Old worn out saddles , the true reflections of a Montana cowboy from the early 1900's, still going strong at 93. Or try
In Vino, Veritas, fun musings about wine and food. Serious about business on the Internet? We've just launched a site that helps people who are interested in improving their best work from home business opportunities.
Give us a visit and let us know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

I was busy looking for information on Second Income and I came across your post " Your online business, Part 4 ". Very interesting. If possible, have you got any ideas of where to find the best resources on Second Income.

Regards